24th January 2014
Version 2.0 is here
So I’ve finally finished converting this site onto the wordpress platform. This brings a whole host of upgrades, the first being the ability to write new blog posts (and manage old ones) on the go. I’m writing this post on my iPad.
I can’t pretend it’s been easy, wordpress has made some aspects of development more difficult that they should have been but in the long run it’s gonna make things a lot easier
So here’s a list of changes as part of version 2.0:
- Upgraded the back end to utilise the wordpress platform
- Implemented blog snippets on the blog page
- Implemented a single page for individual blog posts
- Disabled the social buttons in the footer (will implement a social plugin in a later release)
- Rewrote the music page formula to use custom fields in wordpress to create new content
- Implemented single pages for single music posts
- Removed video iframes from the music wall and implemented video thumbnails using the YouTube api. This improved the page load time by around 4x. The original page size was 3mb taking 3.52 seconds to load. The new music page is only 1.3mb taking only 1.73 seconds. They new page has twice the number of video links on it.
- Upgraded media queries to make the site accessible on more devices
- Utilising Yeost SEO for better SEO rankings
I plan on continuing to develop this site so keep checking back in the future.
Released version 2.0.1
- Fixed url on home menu button
Released version 2.0.2
- Fixed bug with release dates on single music pages
- Added css to make twitter embeds page central
- Removed the link in single blog post titles
Released version 2.0.3
- Changed how the is_logged_in() function is applied – Rather than applying css styling it now apply as class which allows media query functionality to be added (which I have done too).
- Added margin below the nav bar when admin class is applied – fixes bug where navbar was covering the title on individual music posts.
- Fixed bug in music page where date posted was missing
- Changed column width of date posted div
- Added offset to date posted div
- Removed right float on date posted div and added right text align
- Hidden Social and Stats div in footer while not in use
- Modified the banner classes and banner text classes to change the margins between the navbar and the page banners
- Gave the footer a min height to eliminate the white bar at the bottom of single music posts
- Removed the margin for the banner images and reduced the margin above banner text for desktop size browsers